Most people aren't web design or development experts and although we all use the web for shopping and social media, when it comes to designing and building a website, that's when we should be calling in the experts. Searching for a professional web design agency will return thousands of results, so how do we sort the good agencies from the bad? Here are our top tips:
- Go and see your web design agency face-to-face. You need to know that the company you are giving your money to is reputable. At ib3 you can come to our office in Tonbridge, meet the team and meet the actual designers and developers that will be working on your project.
- Don’t be afraid to ask to see examples of previous work, a good website design agency will have lots of examples of projects they have completed. We're also happy for you to speak to any of our clients, about their experiences of working with ib3.
- Should you be worried about dealing with one-man-bands or freelance developers? This is a judgment only you can make, most freelancers or one-man-bands are probably excellent in both technical ability and support, but do bear in mind that if they decide on a change of career or a holiday you may find yourself stuck if something goes wrong. ib3 is an established company (since 1999) with a team of developers and support structure in place.
- How much should I pay for a new website? Like anything, with web design you get what you pay for, so don’t be seduced by a low price as generally web design is costed by the hour, so a cheaper price usually means the agency will spend less time on your project and the result might suffer as they simply won’t have the time to fully understand and listen to your requirements.
- Finding an agency that’s also a Google Partner would be an advantage, as this certification indicates that they are forward-thinking and have passed Google’s certification exams. This demonstrates a level of knowledge other agencies may lack and ensures the agency is well-equipped to market your website after the launch.
- The best agencies gather testimonials from their clients, so spending some time reading their web design testimonials is always worthwhile. Looking up their Google Reviews is another good idea too as less-honest agencies will find Google Reviews harder to fake.
So there you have it, our top tips to consider when next choosing a website design agency to partner with. Hopefully, we have it all covered here at ib3!