SEO & Content marketing
We’ve all heard that content is king, but today it’s not enough to just include relevant content on your website’s pages and hope that it will rank well in search engines (or Google, which after all is responsible for around 87% of all searches in the UK).
There are around 1.6 billion websites worldwide, all fighting to provide people with the information they’re looking for. So, if you want to rank highly in the Google search listings — and who doesn’t — you need to be clever with the content you include and consider how it’s promoted.
Here at ib3, we provide a truly integrated content marketing solution. Our experienced digital specialists (web developers, copywriters, designers, and PPC certified experts), work together to deliver a seamless solution that delivers real, long-lasting and measurable results. Our approach to optimising your website is comprehensive, which includes:
Understanding your business strategy and marketing goals
We will ensure that our content marketing and SEO strategies are aligned with your business objectives and marketing goals.
An analysis of your current website is carried out with a view to improving searcher satisfaction, fixing technical issues that may impact on SEO, and improving the content.
Keyword and competitor research
We use industry-leading tools to discover the keywords your customers are searching for, and the keywords your competitors are ranking for. We will also analyse your competitors’ websites in order to gain insights into their own content strategies.
Keyword strategy (organic and paid)
SEO is a long-term strategy. Depending on the difficulty of your chosen keywords, it can take many months to rank in the organic search listings. Based on our research, we’ll agree with you a list of keywords to target. When choosing these, our aim is always to maximise the return on your investment.
To complement SEO, we might advise also running PPC campaigns, at least in the short term. The benefits of this are twofold:
- PPC can get immediate results: You can rank highly for keywords important to your business straight away. You can also target keywords that are difficult to rank organically. The PPC strategy will change over time and it may become less important as improvements to SEO start to improve your organic positioning, or you may decide to focus on different keywords.
- PPC is a great research tool: A/B testing different buttons, copy, banners or landing pages organically can take a long time. But PPC offers a great opportunity to quickly find out what content is resonating with your audience.
Advising on and performing technical search engine optimisation
Our copywriters and technical teams are expertly placed to advise on how best to fix the technical factors that affect SEO. This might involve:
- The creation of unique and descriptive page titles;
- Making effective use of the “description” meta tag;
- Improving the structure of page URLs;
- Making your site navigation easier to follow;
- Optimising the readability of page content;
- Using keyword-rich HTML heading tags;
- Optimisation for mobile phone users;
- Using Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
Advising on and performing conversion optimisation
We will analyse your users’ behaviour to see what actions they are taking on your website. Small changes to landing pages can often make a big difference in whether or not your website visitors take the actions you want them to, whether that’s downloading a document, filling out a contact form, making a purchase or something else.
Writing content that resonates with your customer personas, optimised for SEO
We can help you develop a strategy for new content by liaising with you to find out about the questions your customers ask and designing helpful content around this. We can also use our keyword and competitor research, and research into industry news and trends to develop a content strategy. The Google algorithm places a premium on content that is fresh and regularly updated so it’s important to regularly introduce new information to the website (e.g. blog posts, news items, product updates, etc.).
Developing a digital PR strategy
This is all focused around building Google’s perception of the authority of your website; something that’s crucial for SEO. Having quality, credible websites link to the content on your website plays an important role in this so, as part of our service, we would explore opportunities to build and execute an effective link-building strategy.
We can also advise on how you might be able to disseminate your content through other channels, for example through social media and email marketing.
Find out more by calling Steve or Rebecca on 01732 449970 or email email@example.com.